Wipe the dust off that old Bundt pan. We’re gonna bake a cake and it couldn’t be easier!
What you’ll need:
2 sticks butter (at room temp)
3 cups sugar (it is cake after all)
6 eggs (at room temp)
2 cups Colonial Milling Corn Flour
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup milk (at room temp)
Preheat oven to 350 F
1. Using an electric mixer, whip butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. While that is mixing, combine all other dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well combined. (The batter cannot be over mixed at this point.)
4. Turn mixer down to low speed. Add flour mixture and milk by alternating half flour, half milk until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, make sure all of the butter mixture is scraped off the sides and bowl and well Incorporated.
5. Pour batter into greased Bundt pan then tap on the counter top to release any air bubbles from the batter before placing in the oven.
6. Bake one hour and 30 minutes in oven. The cake is finished cooking when inserted toothpick comes out clean. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
7. I dressed the cake with a homemade simple glaze and served while the cake was still slightly warm. You could get creative and make your glaze with a hint of orange zest, or perhaps lemon or lime... Another delicious option would be to add apple cider to your glaze and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. However you make this recipe your own, I'm sure it will be delicious!